The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has continued to defend the legitimacy of the office, posting additional documents he said showed its links with the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Nwabueze, who posted the documents on his LinkedIn page on Sunday, shared a letter dated July 19, 2010, purportedly issued by the OSGF.
The letter, referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45 and signed by Dominic Y.E. for the SGF, was addressed to “Buchi George,” then “Executive Director of The Hats Centre” in Owerri, Imo State.

Titled, “RE: ENDORSEMENT OF OUR PROJECT, MADE IN NAIJA, TO BE HELD IN IRELAND,” the letter acknowledged receipt of a proposal dated July 16, 2010, seeking endorsement of a “Made in Naija” project to be held in Ireland as part of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary.
It read, “I am directed to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 16 July 2010 on the above subject and inform you that you should forward your proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.
“Please accept the assurances of the warm regards of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”
Commenting on the document, Nwabueze wrote, “History and facts, from Made in naija since 15th June 2010 to made in nigeria project office that is since 16 years in same OSGF Office.
He added, “How can you discover a 16 years programme in 2026, it’s means you have been blind, we are committed to the national development.”
THE PRIME NEWS can not confirm the authenticity of the letter.
Meanwhile, Nwabueze subsequently posted graphics bearing the office’s logo and promoting its activities.
One graphic carried the slogans, “Localise national products, industrialise Nigeria,” “Our products. Our pride. Our progress,” and calls to “Create,” “Boost local economy,” “Reduce import dependency,” and “Build a stronger Nigeria.”
Another graphic promoted “Drive local production development under the Industrialize Nigeria” and “Locally made for global access.”
It listed objectives including promoting local manufacturing, creating jobs and wealth, reducing import dependency and boosting global competitiveness.
The latest posts came amid an ongoing controversy over the status of the office following allegations by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission that it was a fake federal agency.
The ICPC had said its investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council led to the discovery of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office.
The commission alleged that the office had been allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential authorisation and identified Nwabueze as its promoter.
However, Nwabueze had denied the allegation, saying the office was a project office under the OSGF and had existed for 16 years.
In an earlier response, he said, “Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from. A programme that has been in the SGF’s office since 16 July 2010 was just discovered yesterday (Friday). After 16 years; Nigeria is a funny country.”
He had also previously shared an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, purportedly issued by the OSGF, conveying the approval of his appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
Another document shared by him showed that the office had sought special project status from the OSGF in April 2025.
The controversy followed the ICPC’s announcement that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over his alleged role in running and promoting the outfit.

